Welcome!

It's tough to be an introvert in an extrovert world, especially in an extrovert's profession, like teaching. Through this blog, I'd like to share my own and others' reflections on being an introvert in the classroom. This isn't a place for misanthropes or grumps, though; I hope to thoughtfully discuss the challenges that introverts face in schools and celebrate the gifts that introverted teachers and students bring to the educational environment. If you can relate, please join me!

Friday, December 21, 2012

I need a band.

Now that vacation is here, I'm on my natural sleep schedule, which means I get to watch all my favorite TV friends without DVR: Chelsea, Conan, Jay, Jimmy. As I watch all my favorite late-night shows, it occurs to me that I want the kind of production support that they have:

First, I would like a warm-up guy to get my audience in a good mood before I get there.

Second, I would like a make-up touch-up person to run up and fix my lipstick every ten minutes.

Third, I would like a band to provide regular breaks for me so that my audience can stay in a good mood while I get my make-up fixed. 

Neil Postman laments how everything, including education, is compared to television, and how we should immediately stop this, but what if he's wrong? Maybe education should be treated MORE like a TV show. After all, TV gets all this money and respect and it allows them to put on some amazing productions. Imagine how much I could do if I had a personal assistant!

No comments:

Post a Comment