Welcome!

It's tough to be an introvert in an extrovert world, especially in an extrovert's profession, like teaching. Through this blog, I'd like to share my own and others' reflections on being an introvert in the classroom. This isn't a place for misanthropes or grumps, though; I hope to thoughtfully discuss the challenges that introverts face in schools and celebrate the gifts that introverted teachers and students bring to the educational environment. If you can relate, please join me!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Poor Ryan Seacrest

So, in this week's celeb news, we find out that Julianne Hough broke up with Ryan Seacrest after "losing" a large amount of jewelry that he gave her. And then he had to get up on stage and host American Idol.

I know, I know, as Ray Romano once said, "Go cry in a bag of money," but still, I feel sorry for the guy.

I started teaching in my twenties, a decade notorious for messy and humiliating break-ups for most people. To be dealing with a huge personal crisis and then having to get up in front of people and put on a show is pretty awful.

Especially if you're an introvert. One year, my coverage of Arthurian legends was reduced to a lot of silent reading time and end-of-chapter questions. But showing Monty Python at the end of the week made up for it, I hope. We all felt better after seeing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment